Workshops on Immigration and Employment for Contractors
Free workshops will be available to contractors on labour compliance and GlobalGAP/GRASP requirements in the areas of labour law and immigration. The workshop has been designed by HortNZ and has been adapted specifically for the kiwifruit industry. It will give contractors the opportunity to work through an employment agreement and learn about the requirements relating to employing and paying your seasonal workforce.
The workshops will cover:
- The essentials for meeting immigration requirements
- Employment agreements
- Record keeping
- Zero-hour contracts piece rates
- Paid rest breaks
- GlobalGAP/GRASP requirements
|Date and Time||Location and Venue (TBC)|
|Monday 19th February – 1pm – 5pm||Opotiki – Golf Club|
|Tuesday 20th February – 9am – 1pm||Te Puke – The Orchard|
|Tuesday 20th February – 3pm – 7pm||Mt Maunganui – Classic Flyers|
|Wednesday 21st February – 9am – 1pm||Katikati – Rugby Club|
- Jerf van Beek – National Seasonal Labour Coordinator – Horticulture New Zealand – Key Presenter
- Kate McDermott – Pre-Harvest Certification Manager – Zespri – GlobalGAP/GRASP requirements
- Natalie Milne – Industry Compliance Project Manager – Zespri – Facilitator
As these workshops are free and numbers are limited registration to attend is required.
Please RSVP with your chosen workshop date and location and number attending to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 14th February to secure your place. You will receive email confirmation of your registration. A waiting list will be taken if places fill.