Green14 fruit drop dispensation for maturity clearance
Zespri has received a number of reports of Green14 fruit drop over the past fortnight. Last season fruit drop dispensation criteria were used to clear a significant portion of the Green14 crop. The fruit drop dispensation criteria allows for earlier harvest through a reduced brix and black seeds requirement while requiring fruit to be inspected at least 7 days after packing. For the 2018 season, the fruit drop dispensation criteria will be available on request from season start. The fruit drop dispensation criteria are:
- Lower Brix Fractile >= 5.4 Brix (usual criteria is >= 5.8 brix)
- Black seed >= 85% (usual criteria is >= 90%)
- Minimum Taste Standard unchanged at 16.8% DM.
- Colour to be measured and colour protocol recorded.
- All pallets from the maturity area to have a Zespri hold applied and no shipping can be considered until at least 7 days from packing and product has been inspected by a Zespri quality assessor. If the product is not looking acceptable, shipment is likely to be further delayed until we are confident in its outturn.
- Early supply premiums to be lagged by one week to reflect that this fruit is not available for shipment until it has been held for at least 7 days from packing and inspected by a Zespri quality assessor.
To apply for dispensation to harvest under the fruit drop dispensation criteria the sample requestor needs to contact firstname.lastname@example.org requesting dispensation with the relevant grower number, maturity area and sample number included in the message.